Here are 14 great websites to practice speaking English online! Make friends, find language partners, browse language resources and more!
Language Exchange = 언어교환
- SharedTalk: A language exchange for 113 languages. From the makers of the popular RosettaStone language learning software.
- xLingo: A language exchange that lets users create and share flashcards with each other.
- Palabea: Reviews of language learning software AND an online language exchange.
- iTalki: A fun language exchange with chat, groups, classes, online help and more. You can even tutor someone in your own language!
- Huitalk: Forums, articles, vocabulary lists, and a language exchange using Skype.
- Interpals: A large language exchange from a popular penpal social network.
- Mixxer: A free language exchange using Skype built by Dickinson College.
- TT4You: A free global language exchange site.
- Language Buddy: A free language exchange with 115 supported languages.
- Convesation Exchange: Text and voice chat, email, or face-to-face meetings can bet set up using Language Buddy to improve your conversational skills.
- Lingozone: Build vocab skills by playing games like Word Ladder and Hangman, while making friends and practicing speaking.
- Language Exchange Network: Very easy language exchange classified listings.
- MyLanguageExchange: One of the oldest online language exchanges, it has over 1 million members speaking 115 different languages.
- Language Exchange: A language exchange application for Facebook.
Adapted from Jason Catone’s 20+ Ways to Learn a Language Online