Due: 4/2/2012 – all lesson plans are due on this date!
Format: .zip archive which includes all your files
- Written Lesson Plan: Times New Roman, 12pt, double spaced, .doc, .docx (template)
- PPT (optional but recommended): .ppt, .pptx (template)
- Other important files (.pdf, .doc, etc.)
.Zip Filename: lesson-1-yourname.zip
Grading Rubric: Click here. (If you want a high grade, follow all the guidelines under each critera.)
Scroll to bottom to submit.
Your lesson plan will be developed from the unit received in class. This is the same unit for Assignment Two.
There are two parts to Lesson Plan One. Your written plan, and an in-class model lesson. Please read below for more information.
1. WRITTEN LESSON PLAN
- Choose one page or section of the unit. This should be something you could realistically teach in one period.
- Develop a 45-minute (for middle school and high school) or 40-minute (elementary school) intermediate-level lesson for a class of 35 students.
- Follow the lesson plan template provided!
- For each lesson step, include a rationale. The rationale should explain why are you doing this and how it is useful to the students. The rationale is part of the template.
2. THE MODEL LESSON
- For Lesson Plan One, you will model a single activity from your lesson plan (the STUDY or ACTIVATE stages).
- You have 10 minutes total.
- Before modeling, you should explain the context (see the PPT templatet) of the lesson and activity. (~1 minute)
- If needed, you may provide any important information such as what you taught in the last class or will teach in this class. You may explain what we did before the activity, or briefly pre-teach any important language. Whatever will help us complete the activity. (~1-2 minutes).
- Model the activity. The activity should take no less than 5 minutes.
- Please submit any visual materials or teaching aids (.pdf, .doc., .ppt, etc.) with the lesson plan.
- If you are making a Power Point, I highly suggest looking at Steal This Presentation.
- An alternative to Power Point is Prezi.
[inline_upload uploadrole="classroom_practice_in_elt" uploadpath="/student-uploads/2012-elt/" createpath="true" uploadpatterns="*.doc,*.docx,*.ppt,*.pptx,*.pdf,*.jpg" dublicatespolicy="maintain both" notify="true" notifyrecipients="email@example.com" notifysubject="Lesson 1 Submission" attachfile="true"]
The following file formats are allowed: .doc, .docx, .ppt, .pptx, .pdf., .jpg.
Note, if you cannot submit it using this website, please email the file and/or bring a copy to class.