PenPals for Improving English!
Aug 20, 2010 @ 3:07pm
The best way to improve your English is to use it! Why not find a friend in America, Australia, the UK, New Zealand or any country, and use your English with them? Writing emails, letters, chatting, or talking over Skype is a great way to practice English. Plus, you can learn about the other person’s country, culture, and school life! PenPals are really fun! So, why not give it a try?
I found three useful websites to help you find a PenPal.
Hi! PenPal – Here you can search for PenPals from all over the world. You can read a short description and see their photos. Many of them want to speak to Koreans, learn Korean, or talk about Korea too! This is the best website to start with. Be careful. This website also has a lot of ads.
PenPals of the World – You can search for people in many different countries, who speak many different languages. This website also has a lot of information on different countries and schools from around the world too!
PenPal Party – This is another good PenPal site, where you can find people from the US and other countries.
- Look for people your own sex / gender (male or female, boy or girl)
- Look for people near your age. If you are 15 years old, look for people who are between 13 and 17.
- There are many English speaking countries. You can look for people in the USA, but don’t forget about Canada, the UK, Australia, Ireland, New Zealand, South Africa, the Philippines, and many others.
- Don’t give any information that is too personal.
- You can use email, instant messengers, chat rooms, Skype, and ‘snail mail’ (letter writing)
- Be safe. Ask your parents for permission and help.
Some Useful Language
- Sign-up, Register, Join = 회원가입
- Username = 아이디
- Password = 비밀번호
- Sex, Gender = 성별
Posted in: Blog